My conversation starter/opening line with a co-worker this morning as we were on our way to get coffee:
Me: So apparently my vagina is mad at me.
I’ve been craving “chick” music. Most women, when they get on a kick like this, want Lilith Fair type music or they’ll go for Alanis Morrisette, whom I’m in love with in a normal fan, non stalker kind of way. But NO, that isn’t what my vagina wants to hear. I want angry, death metal, screaming female rock. When you don’t know the names of bands or songs, Googling takes some effort. Yes, I do know a couple of heavy metal bands that either are female lead or feature a song with a woman fronting the song.
In this Moment: Awesome female lead, great songs and have one of their CD’s. (yes, I still use this format because I’m fucking old and I don’t like change)
Kitty: Yeah, this covers what I want, but I’ve never been a big fan.
Flyleaf: Female lead, I hear their stuff on the radio, and really enjoy what I’ve heard. But don’t own any of their music, so I can’t jam out in the car.
Apocalyptica: Great metal, with cello’s and fiddles and violins mixed with guitar and drums. Fantastic song on the Worlds Collide CD, with Cristina Scabbia fronting. (it’s called S.O.S and while there’s only 5 songs on the CD with vocals, and ALL the songs are fantastic, this one’s my favorite.)
I know there’s more out there, hence the Google fun. After bringing up some of the above mentioned bands to at least get a quick fix, I had very little time for more searching. I did make a quick attempt at finding more music by Cristina Scabbia, and found her band Lacuna Coil. I think they may be my new favorite.
Point of this post? There really isn’t one except that maybe I should expand my music collection again and buy some more CD’s. (Again, I’m fucking old! Plus, I like to listen to music in the car so CD’s are really my only option)
No comments:
Post a Comment